A holistic rural community development model seeking to bridge the gap between the urban and rural communities via 10 empowerment divisions across 300+ villages island-wide reaching over 28,000 beneficiaries annually, free of cost.
The skills-based volunteering programmes are particularly suited for well-qualified professionals, students and individuals who can provide insight and support for staff as the organization moves towards a phased of community-focused development. The FoG will have a skills-based volunteering programme in order to fit your professional, personal, social or academic goals.
These programmes are ideal if you want to gain new skills, transition into a new sector, improve on your current skillset and apply them in a new environment, or whether you want to take a career break and share your expertise towards a worthy cause. Depending on the knowledge and expertise you wish to gain or share with us, FoG has a variety of programmes for you to take part in within the areas below:
- Women’s Empowerment
- Volunteer Management
- Policy Making & Campaigning
- Administration and Operations Management
- Sustainable Tourism
- Marketing, Social Media, PR and Communications
- Youth and Community Development
- Environmental and Conservation Work
- Medicine and Global Health
- Rotational Programme involving upto 3 areas from the above
Duration of the skills-based volunteering programmes
The duration of the skills-based volunteering programmes range from a minimum of 2 weeks to 3 months. However, in the event we are able to accommodate you beyond 3 months, we shall be pleased to oblige subject to extraordinary performance, discipline and value addition from our perspective. For instance, we have students undertaking volunteering projects as compulsory work placements as part of their degrees, or students coming in during their summer holidays or completing their gap year in Sri Lanka. We also have volunteers coming to share their expertise on career breaks or after retirement.
How do I apply?
Once you have decided the duration of stay and the area/s you wish to get involved with, please complete the application form below.
Skills-Based Volunteering Package
What are the costs involved?
2 weeks : USD 1000
3 weeks : USD 1450
4 weeks : USD 1900
What’s included in Skills-Based Volunteering Package Fees?
- Three meals a day
- Certification of project completion and photo collage
- Meet and greet at the airport upon on arrival
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Transfers to and from any in – country volunteering locations
- Pre-arrival induction (on Skype or WhatsApp if international) in order to brief the volunteer about the project
- Full orientation provided by the volunteering coordinators
- Emergency assistance and full in-country support by the local staff and volunteering coordinators
- A supervisor will be assigned to each volunteer in order to provide guidance and support throughout the duration of the project
- Access to Wi-Fi at any of the Foundation of Goodness sites
- A free cultural activity organised by the Foundation of Goodness – Plates of Goodness
- Free admission to any social, educational and community activities organised by the Foundation of Goodness
- Provide assistance and guidance in planning cultural tours in Sri Lanka
- Foundation of Goodness will provide documentation on request for relevant visa* applications
- Provision of communications material for fundraising activities.
*Please get in touch with the relevant embassy in order to get the required information for your visa application.
What’s not included in the Skills-based Volunteering Package Fees?
- Submission of any visa documents on behalf of the applicant
- Visa fees
Obtaining a visa is your responsibility. Please contact us if you would like visa information.
If you are interested in volunteering for longer than three months, there is a lengthy process to go through so it is important to contact FoG at least four months before you plan to arrive.