A holistic rural community development model seeking to bridge the gap between the urban and rural communities via 10 empowerment divisions across 500+ villages island-wide reaching over 35,000 beneficiaries annually, free of cost.
FoG hosts volunteers from across the globe and benefits for both the local community and volunteers are far-reaching. We offer both individuals and groups specially customised volunteering programmes. Whether you are a student, retiree, tourist, school group, corporate group, guides & scouts who wish to give back to a community through a cause that you are passionate about, FoG will put together a programme based on your duration of stay. At FoG we have 30 empowerment sectors, therefore if you or your group wish to take part in a couple of different projects, we are able to cater to your needs and interests. We can also add cultural experiences to your volunteering programmes, eg. Learn to cook a healthy Sri Lankan dish, play a game of cricket with a local team or take traditional Sri Lankan dance lessons!
The variety of experiences and flexibility that our customised volunteering programmes offer, will ensure that you will return home having had the experience of a lifetime.
How do I apply?
Our volunteering team will provide a free consultation in order to customise an experience that suits each individual’s or group’s schedule and interest. Volunteers can choose to work with us for a duration of 2 – 30 days. Please complete the relevant application below in order to request a volunteering programme.
What are the costs involved?
- Volunteer Administration Fee of USD 25/- (includes certification of project completion, photo collage and T-shirt)
- Individual Volunteer Accommodation: See options below
- Group Accomodation: Please contact Head of Volunteering Rashmini on firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for all volunteers to use the Foundation of Goodness’ accommodation centres.
What else is included in the Volunteer Placement:
- Pre-arrival induction (on Skype or WhatsApp if international) in order to brief the volunteer about the project
- Full orientation provided by the volunteering coordinators
- Emergency assistance and full in-country support by the local staff and volunteering coordinators
- Access to Wi-Fi at any of the Foundation of Goodness sites
- Provide required Foundation of Goodness documentations for any visa* or fundraising applications
- Free admission to any social, educational and community activities organised by the Foundation of Goodness
Obtaining a visa is your responsibility. Please contact us if you would like visa information.
If you are interested in volunteering for longer than three months, there is a lengthy process to go through so it is important to contact FoG at least four months before you plan to arrive.
Please get in touch with our Head of Volunteers: Rashmini De Silva on email@example.com to learn more about customizing your volunteering experience at FoG.